Place of birth: Dobsonville, Soweto
Date of birth: 21/04/91
Previous clubs: Arcadia Shepherds juniors, Mpumalanga Black Aces, SuperSport United
Squad number: 27
- Gumede joined Platinum Stars from SuperSport United as he looks to get his PSL career off to a fresh start.
- The South African Under-20 international defender has yet to play in the top-flight, though he did turn out for former club SuperSport United in the first round of the 2011 CAF Champions League, a 2-0 success over Matlama FC.
- He also previously had a spell on loan at Mpumalanga Black Aces, but did not play for the first-team.
Place of birth: Bloemfontein
Date of birth: 05/03/84
Previous clubs: Hellenic, Premier United, Mamelodi Sundowns, Moroka Swallows
Squad number: 2
- Former Bafana Bafana international Mere joined Platinum Stars from Mamelodi Sundowns ahead of the 2011/12 season.
- The rightback, who can also play in midfield, has been one of the most consistent performers in the PSL over the last 10 years and brings with him a wealth of experience.
- Capped 10 times by Bafana Bafana, he began his career with now defunct Cape Town side Hellenic, before that franchise became Premier United.
- He was signed by Mamelodi Sundowns in 2004 and spent six successful seasons with the club before being loaned out to Moroka Swallows in the 2010/11 season.
Place of birth: Moletjie, Polokwane
Date of birth: 17/09/82
Previous club: Carara Kicks
Squad number: 26
- Semenya joined Platinum Stars from National First Division side Carara Kicks after the start of the 2011/12 PSL season.
- The defender made his debut for Dikwena in the 2-1 Telkom Knockout victory over Kaizer Chiefs in October 2011, helping the side to a famous win.
- He formed a strong central defensive pairing with club captain Mbuyiselo Sambu in his first season with the team and built a reputation as a clean tackler and player with a high work-rate.
- Semenya was lucky to escape serious injury in August 2010 when he and four of his then Kicks teammates were involved in a serious car accident on their way to training.
Place of birth: Kanana
Date of birth: 10/02/92
Previous club: None
Squad number: 29
- Mabule was elevated from the Platinum Stars Academy in July 2012 having impressed head coach Cavin Johnson.
- The right-back is tipped for a bright future and will continue his football education in the first-team as he vies for a starting place with Vuyo Mere.
- Mabule was born in the North West Province village of Kanana and is one of a number of local youngsters that the club hopes to introduce to the first-team in the coming years.
Place of birth: Tshiondo Village
Date of birth: 12/09/88
Previous club: Jomo Cosmos, Mitchells Plain United
Squad number: 33
- Tshikovhi signed a three-year contract with Platinum Stars in July 2012 having also had spells with Jomo Cosmos and Mitchells Plain United, the feeder team of Santos.
- Once a contemporary of Bafana Bafana centre-back Erick Mathoho, the Limpopo-born star came highly recommended after also attending trials with Orlando Pirates.
- He has great physical attributes and is a commanding presence in the air. Although he is short of PSL experience, he is expected to make an impact on the first-team this season.
Place of birth: Bloemfontein
Date of birth: 13/01/90
Previous club: University of Potchefstroom’s Soccer Institute, FC AK
Squad number: 31
- Mpeta signed a three-year contract with Platinum Stars in July 2012 after securing his clearance from former side, FC AK.
- The left-back is a former South Africa Under-20 international and came through the University of Potchefstroom’s Soccer Institute.
Place of birth: Standerton
Date of birth: 14/05/87
Previous club: Ajax Cape Town juniors, University of Pretoria, Jomo Cosmos, Thanda Royal Zulu, AmaZulu, Lamontville Golden Arrows
Squad number: 13
- Hadebe is a South African junior international having played for the national Under-17, Under-20 and Under-23 teams.
- He is a left-sided player who can feature in either midfield or defence, but has been used mostly in the left-back position of late.
- Having come through the development ranks at Ajax Cape Town, he move to Gauteng where he played for University of Pretoria and Jomo Cosmos. He has spent the last five years in KwaZulu-Natal though, where he played for Thanda Royal Zulu, AmaZulu and most recently Lamontville Golden Arrows.
- He made his PSL debut in the 2004/05 season as a 17-year-old.